Manufacture: Spectro Scientific
Name: FDM 6000 - Portable Fuel Dilution Meter
Link to product: https://www.spectrosci.com/product/q6000/
The FDM 6000 is a portable, battery operated fuel dilution meter that determines the concentration of fuel dilution present in an oil sample within a matter of minutes. The FDM 6000 uses a unique patent pending fang design to pierce the cap of a disposable sample vial and draws in the headspace from the vial. The headspace flows over a SAW (Surface Acoustic Wave) sensor which reacts specifically to the presence of fuel vapor with a detection range of 0 – 15%. It can detect diesel, gasoline or jet fuel in engine oil. It conforms to ASTM D8004 - "Standard Test Method for Fuel Dilution of In-Service Lubricants Using Surface Acoustic Wave Sensing"
• Conforms to ASTM D8004 - "Standard Test Method for Fuel Dilution of In-Service Lubricants Using Surface Acoustic Wave Sensing"
• Direct fuel dilution measurement with 0.2 to 15% fuel dilution range
• Innovative headspace sampling fang design ensures excellent repeatability (<= 5% RSD)
• Disposable FDM vials eliminate carryover contamination
• Small sample volume – only 0.5ml of oil used
• Fast – it takes only one minute
• Onboard memory allows use of up to three stored calibration profiles
• Sample ID entry and data file export via USB cable
• Battery powered, lightweight, optional hard case for transit
• Audio prompt feature guides operators through testing